Shopping CartsShopping cart software is software used in e-commerce to assist people making purchases online, analogous to the American English term 'shopping cart'. In British English it is generally known as a shopping basket, almost exclusively shortened on websites to 'basket'.
Shopping cart software typically consists of two components:
- Storefront: the area of the Web store that is accessed by visitors to the online shop. Category, product, and other pages (e.g. search, best sellers, etc.) are dynamically generated by the software based on the information saved in the store database. The look of the storefront can normally be changed by the store owner so that it merges with the rest of the Web site (i.e. with the pages not controlled by the shopping cart software in use on the store).
- Administration: the area of the Web store that is accessed by the merchant to manage the online shop. The amount of store management features changes depending on the sophistication of the shopping cart software chosen by the merchant, but in general a store manager is able to add and edit products, categories, discounts, shipping and payment settings, etc. Order management features are also included in many shopping cart programs. The administration area can be:
- Web-based (accessed through a Web browser)
- Desktop-based (a desktop application that runs on the user's computer and then transfers changes to the storefront component).
Our e-commerce solutions let you sell an unlimited number of products with an easy-to-use shopping cart checkout. iTeam E-commerce enables your customers to add items, view their order, continue shopping, and quickly check out. Our e-commerce solution includes industry-leading shopping cart software to allow you to:
- Provide a reliable and secure online shopping experience
- Give your customers shipping options, including real-time rates from the major shipping carriers including UPS®, FedEx® and USPS®.
- Accept multiple payment types, including real-time credit card processing
- Charge sales tax using automated tax rates and calculations
- Manage your sales and inventory with QuickBooks® accounting software integration
- Online product catalog that can help you manage as many as 300 products.
- Present products in a catalog fashion
- Automated thumbnail image creation per product
- "Featured products" merchandising to highlight products on homepage and within product pages